What in the world are you doing here?

Welcome to one of my many blogs! (Don't ask.)
Warning: here there be dragons!
This is a place where you can find me, Lexi, venting and ranting and commenting and just basically babbling about... stuff. I dunno why you'd want to, this is basically a look into a madwoman's mind... Well, as long as you enjoy it and know what you're getting yourself into, knock yourself out. Not literally, though, okay?
Smooches,
♡ Lexi (CherriFaerii)

Monday, January 21, 2013

In Which Lexi Talks About Her Revised Feelings Regarding CBS's "Elementary"

The hottest new bromance on TV
... *clears throat*

Wow. I didn't see that coming.


I mean, wow. Okay. After a lot of stalling (and TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES HOLY GOD HOW DOES THIS FRIKKIN' DVR EVEN WORK) I've finally gotten caught up on Elementary.

Oh. My. God. I take back almost everything I previously said. Shame on me for not trusting CBS to handle these characters with class and grace.

Without spoiling what happens, here are my thoughts on it thus far (at the mid-season finale) in no particular order:

  • dude, where in the world did Joan Watson come from?
  • SERIOUSLY, WHO WRITES JOAN WATSON'S DIALOGUE?
  • EVERYONE IS BUGGING HER TO GET BACK INTO MEDICINE
  • HOLMES YOU ARE A BIG FAT LOVABLE BUFFOON
  • seriously Holmes you're like an ADHD grade school child
  • Watson needs to get him one of those backpack leashes
  • Watson's family is realistic and reminds me somewhat of my own
  • Holmes' actor buddy needs to appear more often
  • Holmes's FATHER and BROTHER need to appear. Period. (Ooh, if only someone could convince Stephen Fry to play Mycroft in this one, too! I think I'd die!)
  • WHY. DID. IT. HAVE. TO. BE. IRENE?!
  • I DID NOT SEE MORAN COMING HOLY COW ON A POGO STICK
  • ALL OF THESE SIDE CHARACTERS ARE KIND OF FASCINATING
  • HEY LOOK BBC THIS IS HOW YOU DO AN EPISODE FEATURING CHINESE CHARACTERS PROPERLY (S01E09 "You Do It To Yourself")
  • Moffat could take lessons. (YEAH, YOU HEARD ME FANGIRLS. COME AT ME.)
  • This Holmes is so sympathetic and so empathetic! I mean, come on!
  • ... he also has sex. Wow. A sexual Sherlock Holmes, didn't see that coming.
  • WHAT YOU GUYS HAD TO KILL IRENE HERE TOO?!
  • FREAKING MORIARTY
  • FREAKING
  • MORIARTY
  • GREGSON IS A BRO, MAN. SUCH A BRO.
  • Ahahaha, Bell.
  • D'AWWWW, WATSON STAYED.
So my actual, critique-y thoughts on the show?

Yeah, still feels like a CBS crime drama / police procedural. WHICH IS WHAT IT IS.

That being said, it really hit its stride by the third episode in, and it's starting to feel like something worth sticking around for, at least for a few seasons (keep in mind, after fifteen seasons a show can get stale.)

I'd say it feels more like Monk than anything else, which is actually okay. I'd prefer to see more adventuring and getting into trouble (Holmes is a boxer and martial arts practitioner, remember? Canon.) but as it is right now, the character drama - which is what CBS does quite well - is making up for the lack of action.

Bravo, CBS.

(They were totally waiting for that accolade, right? Oh, I delude myself.)

So next up, I think I'll nitpick BBC Sherlock. Muahahahahaha! And of course the Jeremy Brett series, seeing as I just got the entire 12-disc set (AFTER TWO WEEKS OF WAITING, DON'T GET ME STARTED.)

Next time on Lexi Likes To Talk (about Sherlock Holmes) - BBC Sherlock - the Pilot.

...oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment