What in the world are you doing here?

Welcome to one of my many blogs! (Don't ask.)
Warning: here there be dragons!
This is a place where you can find me, Lexi, venting and ranting and commenting and just basically babbling about... stuff. I dunno why you'd want to, this is basically a look into a madwoman's mind... Well, as long as you enjoy it and know what you're getting yourself into, knock yourself out. Not literally, though, okay?
Smooches,
♡ Lexi (CherriFaerii)

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

In Which Lexi Talks About Iron Man 3

(Ahaha, and here I believed I'd be writing in this thing at least once a month. Whoops.)

HOLY BALLS ON A STICK, THE JUSTICE LEAGUE DOES NOT STAND A CHANCE.

IRON MAN IS TOTALLY BETTER THAN BATMAN, DUDE.

So, like, spoilers and stuff. No, seriously, spoilers ahead. PROCEED WITH CAUTION, TRUE BELIEVERS.

GO AND SEE THIS MOVIE.

IT IS THE MOST EPIC OF MARVEL FILMS, AND YES I AM INCLUDING THE AVENGERS IN THAT LUMP.

What's that, you want more? HERE, HAVE SOME BADASSERY FOR EVERYONE. PEPPER? YOU GOT IT. HAPPY? THERE YOU GO. RHODEY? OF COURSE! TONY? DID YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT?!

OH MY HOLY GOD ON (transistor-powered) ROLLERSKATES, THE MANDARIN. A+ on the Mandarin, Marvel. FOUR FOR YOU GLEN COCO. YOU GO GLEN COCO. Like, seriously, the giant plot twist with Ben Kingsley's Mandarin was handled so beautifully, ohmigod. (For those of you who don't know, A.) the Mandarin is a Chinese terrorist in the comics, B.) Ben Kingsley is a half-Indian half-British actor who more often than not plays white dudes, and C.) there was a HUGE FREAKING CONTROVERSY OVER HIM GETTING CAST TO PLAY THE MANDARIN.) Like, wow, didn't see that coming. Marvel, fork over some money for klondikes for whoever wrote that bit. (Don't give me that look, I know you have the money, I'VE SEEN THE BOX OFFICE REPORTS.)

And can I just say, having Pepper save Tony TWICE? YES. I mean, there are plot holes that I'll probably find later and acknowledge, but even so. In any case, Tony puts up a magnificent fight against the REAL VILLAIN (Killian, played by Guy Pearce) and it's ultimately Pepper who finishes the fight. GO PEPPER RAWR.

Also, Extremis? Not what I expected (I wanted cyborg!Tony, dammit! Yeah, getting rid of the arc reactor was something I saw coming, but I wanted Tony to talk to computers! Waugh!) but GIVING THE EXTREMIS PROTOTYPE TO PEPPER? HOLY GOD. Does Pepper have superpowers now? Will she become Rescue in a different way? EXPLAIN, MARVEL! YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE THAT THERE!!

THE YINSEN CAMEO, I WAS CRYING. AND MARK RUFFALO'S CAMEO IN THE POST-CREDITS SCENE WAS JUST PERFECT, I LOVED IT.

Tony's PTSD was handled beautifully, god. And I liked Harley, that kid was great. (People are complaining about Harley, and to that I say seriously? Don't get into oldstyle Cap. Bucky was originally just a kid in the old Cap comics.)

All the little bits and Easter eggs from other Marvel movies were just icing on the cake. Everything was wonderful, I squeed and flailed throughout the entire movie (my buddy and his girlfriend went with me, and I'm pretty sure they were laughing at me. I REGRET NOTHING.)

And that last scene before the EPIC FREAKING CREDITS? PERFECTION. EVERYONE ELSE CAN GO HOME.

Please, please, please let Robert Downey Jr. return as Tony Stark. This just cements the fact that he is our world's Tony Stark. (MARVEL, I'M WATCHING YOU.)

PLEASE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment